Wednesday, December 4, 2013

DIY Soap Dispensers

I've spent at least six months grimacing every time I looked at my ugly soap dispensers, and I've finally turned them into something my eyes can tolerate. I should have taken a before picture, because the old ones were really ugly. Oh well, I'm very happy with the results of the new ones, and I couldn't believe how easy they were to make. I just took a nail, tapped a bunch of holes in the lid, then flipped the nail around and hammered the wider head over the tiny holes to create one big hole. I kept it snug so when I pushed the head of the dispenser into the hole it was a tight fit. This way I didn't have to mess with hot glue, because yes I'm too lazy to get out the glue gun, but voila! they are beautiful and functional and made with mason jars, what more could a girl want?

No comments:

Post a Comment