Thursday, November 21, 2013

my Sunday notes and musings

Every Sunday during Relief Society I take notes on my phone and then later that day or sometimes later in the week like today, I read over my notes and rewrite them in my journal. (I know, should probably just take the journal to church).  Feeling a little self deprecating at the moment, so I thought I would look over my notes. They were short this week, only two.

"Forget yourself and go to work." Written by President Hinckley's father. Reminded me not to bemoan all the difficulties of being a working mom with two little ones, which for me right now probably means going to sleep instead of lying here worrying about things that can't be fixed in the next 12 hours.

"You're a small package when you're all wrapped up in yourself." Made me think about how we all want to be the perfect package, the perfect friend/mom/wife who always listens and never looses her temper, who volunteers for every PTA activity, and wears a size two, but I'm not that package I'm me, but I can be a great friend/mom/wife if I stop worrying about myself and get that inner chant going that says I am enough I am enough I am enough. Thanks to Scenes from the Wild for the sweet reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment