Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mom, did you make it with love?

With Thanksgiving right around the corner I've been reading a lot of blogs about the drudgery of cooking. I will admit many times my family will beg me to make dessert and I will think I just cooked you an amazing meal, wasn't that enough?  In contrast my son often reminds me why I cook for my family.

So many times when I have made my kids lunch, or dinner, or whatever, my five year old son asks me "Mom, did you make it with love?"

I stop and remember back to what I was thinking about when I made it. If I did make that dinner with love, he seems to gobble it up, as if those vegetables really do taste better because I was happy when I made them. Perhaps there is a connection between the flavor of our food and the spirit we held with us when we prepared it.

I don't know why he asks me if I made his dinner with love, but I'm so grateful he does. It's a constant reminder why I do all the things I do for them. For love. I hope we can all remember this as we slave in the kitchen for days before Thanksgiving, and cook our dinners "with love".

No comments:

Post a Comment