Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Things have come to a pretty pass



Earlier today I began working on today's post knowing that I wouldn't publish it. My reason, it was a rant about waking up and finding dishes not done, (we don't have a dishwasher and I've learned not to fall behind on them or we will have nothing to eat on) toys not put away, etc. I figured that writing my rant would be
better than calling my sweet unassuming husband and blind sighting him with my wrath while he was at work.

At the end of the day he looked at me and said what's wrong? I spent two hours today picking up the house from the chaos of yesterday while I had been working. In my best summarizing I explained to him my anger already expelled on the unpublished blog, how I thought it very unfair to work 40 hours a week so that he doesn't have to work 80 hours a week, and yet the housework doesn't always get equally divided.

It's always been our practice, in theory, that if we both work the same amount of hours than we both take equal turns watching the kids for each other and dividing up the housework, but it usually doesn't end up that way. I think it mostly stems from the fact that as I woman, I just care more than he does if the house is clean, although I know men can be neat freaks too, but I didn't marry one. I'm very orderly, and for him it just doesn't cross his mind, he is immune to mess stress. Maybe because I had written it out before talking to him there was no more anger left in my voice, and he melted on me, that's when he sees my point of view and gives me that much needed hug at the end of the day.

Don't tell him but all he has to do to diffuse me is give me a hug and a kiss, and I'm putty in his hands, of course he did promise to clean up more in the future, which helps too. I should also give him credit for putting up with me. If I was married to me I'm pretty sure I would have wrung my own neck by now because I am not gifted with the unending patience he seems to possess. So thank you sweet husband for all that you do, let's not call the whole thing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment